There are a bunch of ways for any of you to help this project. We are trying to keep TROM as a decentralized project and provide opportunities for anyone to help this project grow. We want you to know that whatever you do for the project is a direct contribution and you are a part of the project as much as any of us are. We want to thank you for helping, although there is no need for that since we work together to grow TROM and its baby projects.
1. Everything: Except for some of our TROM Tools, everything can be translated/dubbed. We have created a clone of tromsite.com that anyone can start to translate right away. This tromsite clone contains links to project files, subtitles, and everything you need to translate the entire TROM project and take full control and responsibility for it. You can access and edit the page from here. Before you start please read the instructions. If you need any kind of help don't hesitate to use our TROM Translation chatroom here (password is: tromtranslate).
2. The Memes: we create images with snippets from our books to share on social networks. Here you can find all of our memes (TROM/TROM Promo/Memes). Use the "odg" file wherever is available. Open it with Libre Office Draw and start translating the memes. After you are done, you can export to PDF and then convert the PDF to images. In the folder you'll also find many of our memes only available in image format - these cannot be edited that easily, but they are still available if anyone wants to add a colored block over the English text and translate them into another language.
The more eyes we have looking at our content, the more well made our content is. If you want to help proofreading (spotting typos) then you can simply do that for any TROM materials. If you spot a typo (website, books, etc.) simply use our contact page and send a quick email. It really helps a lot. If you want to help with proofreading our books or other TROM materials before they go public, use the same contact form and let us know about that, and we will set everything up for you!
Our TROM materials are very well researched but we would love to have more eyes looking at their sources/claims before they go public. If you think you have the time to check our books (or other materials) before they go public, let us know and we will set up everything for that.
If you think TROM should address a particular subject or you want to criticize/improve this project, the best way to do it is to write a book for TROM. This way you get our full feedback and the full TROM exposure.
The advantages of writing for TROM:
1. You learn how to present a subject.
2. You will learn how to face healthy criticism because we will ask questions about your book and put it under the microscope. The purpose is to make it bulletproof. No worries, everything is super friendly and meant to make your book much better. We will work together on this.
3. You will have your book proofread and designed. The proofreading is basic and you have the last word in any change that is made to the text (your writing style will be preserved). The design will enhance your book and you will also have the last word in regards to it.
4. Your book will be promoted like all TROM books are. We will make memes out of it and post on our social networks, and in the future, we will make videos out of it or an audiobook, or add it to our huge TROM quiz.
6. Your book will be available online as HTML5, plain text, and as PDF.
5. You own your book. After we post it via TROM, you can also post it anywhere you want to in any format you want to. You will have a copy of your book in PDF and plain text format that you can use any way you want to (of course).
Tips for writing:
1. Write about stuff that you consider super important. Please do not send books you already wrote. We want to post original content on TROM and we will check every book to see if it was posted anywhere else before.
2. Let us know please what the subject will be so that we can check to see if we covered it previously. Describe it a bit.
3. Write as if you explain it to a 10 year old - We always try to do that so everyone understands. TROM is not a scientific journal, by contrary, it is "something" that tries to explain complex and important topics in very simple ways (simple language).
4. If you can, use Libre Office Writer to write the book (it is an open source format based on trade-free software).
5. Use sources for your claims. If you claim something then try to make it as scientific as possible and source that claim. Wikipedia, scientific articles, governmental sources, are among the best to base your claims on. Try avoiding shady/controversial websites/sources.
6. Make the subject global: we don't focus on local issues or solutions since our problems are global and they require global solutions. You can start by explaining in detail a local problem/solution then expand it globally.
7. Always try to provide a solution if you present a problem.
8. Do not write for TROM, write for yourself, then send it to us. This way, if for some reasons your book is not approved, you won't feel like you wasted your time writing it. You can always publish what you wrote on your personal website or social network ;).
If you have any question just contact us.
We don't want to rely entirely on centralized servers (companies) for our content, so we are trying to decentralize it.
01. TROM: We are trying to decentralize all TROM files (over 100GB) but it is super difficult because we need to do it in a dynamic manner (so that our TROM Main folder can get updated very often and the updates can be pushed to everyone). We tried the DAT and the IPFS networks but none works properly. We will continue to try and whenever we find a good option we will post it here. In the meantime you can help decentralize all of our files that are available here, by uploading them to multiple locations. If you keep such locations up to date to reflect all of our changes to the Main TROM folder, then we will add that location to our Save page. Contact us and let us know.
02. VideoNeat: if you want to help decentralize documentaries/lectures or movies that are science based and hand-curated, simply go to VideoNeat.com and use the magnet links - download and seed. It will help a lot!
Note: this is geared towards those who want to manage TROM’s social networks, but it is relevant for anyone who wants to spread our materials.
We all know these “social” networks are “ad networks” in reality, but we need them to “spread” TROM stuff to as many people as possible. We also must understand that if anyone is “free” to post anything they consider in TROM’s name, then little by little we may deviate from what TROM stands from. Our materials are very well researched before we publish them, and we create a lot of them, therefore the best approach is the following:
1. TROM creates materials (books, videos, curates media, etc.)
2. People share them on TROM’s ‘social’ networks (TSN)
3. People take bits of them and share on these networks
STUFF TO SHARE
01. TROM Documentary (you can download all of it and upload the parts on TSN one by one – you can even use the subtitles for each part and hard print them on each video to share them with a subtitle in whatever language you desire https://www.tromsite.com/translation.html)
02. TROM Books (share the link to the books, or the PDF, or you can quote from the books and link to them). Use our audiobooks and upload them wherever you want or directly to TSN. You can also use podcast services to upload the TROM audiobooks there.
04. TROM FAQs (share the questions and our answers on TSN).
05. Curated News and Videos – both of these represent an endless stream of curated information. Share whatever you consider from there (news, articles, videos). You can do the same for our curated podcasts list.
06. VideoNeat (a massive stream of documentaries, lectures and movies that are educational – you can share one every day since we add more and more titles all the time).
07. TROMjaro APPS (share one app a day if possible – would be good to use the app’s screenshots as a featured image for TSN).
08. TROM Promo Stuff (we have memes and short clips from our materials, specially made for TSN – share and re-share them). Note, some of our memes have a TVPMagazine watermark. Please remove that and replace it with a TROMsite.com watermark. If you want access to our TROM Share stuff please contact us and we will share them with you. They are too many and large in size to host them properly anywhere.
We can give people access to Hootsuite, a third party service that allows anyone to schedule posts on multiple networks at once such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so on. Contact us if you think you can help with our social networks.
You can simply join us in several ways to keep in contact with us, help here and there with whatever you can, express your ideas, and so forth.
01. TROM-Cast: almost every week we are going live on several platforms like YouTube and Fecabook to talk about interesting subjects. We post all such TROM-Casts on tromsite too, so we don't rely on these 3rd party platforms. We stream using trade-free software and anyone can participate without the need of an account or special permission. We use Jitsi Meet for the video-call, and OBS Studio for everything else. At the day of the cast we post a Jitsi Meet link on our TROM Live and anyone can click and participate (it works as an app, or in the browser directly). We encourage anyone to participate. Alternatively you can write us live on our TROM Discussion chatroom.
02. TROM Discussions chatroom: we have a special chatroom where anyone can participate without an account or any special permissions or applications. Most of us from TROM are there, so you can meet us more directly and ask us questions or engage with us.