There are a bunch of ways for any of you to help this project. We are trying to keep TROM as a decentralized project and provide opportunities for anyone to help this project grow. We want you to know that whatever you do for the project is a direct contribution and you are a part of the project as much as any of us are. We want to thank you for helping, although there is no need for that since we work together to grow TROM and its baby projects.
1. TROMsite: Except for some of our TROM Tools, everything can be translated/dubbed. We have created a clone of tromsite.com that anyone can start to translate right away. This tromsite clone contains links to project files, subtitles, and everything you need to translate the entire TROM project and take full control and responsibility for it. You can access and edit the page from here. Before you start please read the instructions or see this video. If you need any kind of help don't hesitate to use our TROM Translation chatroom here. This other video is about how you can translate our TROM ebooks. Be aware that this tromsite page made for translation, is more or less a demo page - you need to keep it updated with the new stuff we make.
2. TROM Memes: we create images with snippets from our books to share on social networks. Here you can find all of our memes (TROM/TROM Promo/Memes). Use the "odg" file wherever is available. Open it with LibreOffice Draw and start translating the memes. After you are done, you can export to PDF and then convert the PDF to images. In that folder you'll also find many of our memes that are only available in image format - these cannot be edited that easily, but they are still available if anyone wants to add a colored block over the English text and translate them into another language. Make sure that you remove the TVPMagazine watermark where there is any, and replace (if you want) with a TROMsite watermark. These were memes created when TROM managed TVPMagazine.
3. Our Other Tools: tromjaro.com, trade-free.org, trade-free.org/directory, TBF and videoneat.com can all be translated in a very easy manner. Scroll at the bottom of any website, select the language, then after the page refreshes scroll down again and click "edit translation". The page will refresh and you can simply start translating. This is a video explaining the entire process for tromjaro.com, that is similar for all of the above tools.
The more eyes we have looking at our content, the more well-made our content is. If you want to help proofreading (spotting typos) then you can simply do that for any TROM materials or tools. If you spot a typo (website, books, etc.) simply use our contact page and send a quick email. It really helps a lot. If you want to help with proofreading our books or other TROM materials before they go public, use the same contact form and let us know about that, and we will set everything up for you!
Our TROM materials are very well researched but we would love to have more eyes looking at their sources/claims before they go public. If you think you have the time to check our books (or other materials) before they go public, let us know and we will set up everything for that.
Putting TROM's content in video format may be one of the best approaches if we want more people to be aware of our project. Currently there are 2 main categories that you can make videos for:
1. VideoBooks: We can transform any TROM book into a documentary/video. Take any book that is not done yet and you would like to transform into a video, and let us know so we can quickly prepare the script for the video format. Once that is done you can start making the video: record the voice + do the video editing based on the script.
2. Voices: "TROM Voices is all about highlighting interesting minds from all around the world by video editing their mindful words. Jacque Fresco, Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman, or any other human with interesting ideas could be part of this series." - Anyone can give this one a try and send us the video. If we consider it in line with TROM, then we can add it to the website.
We have so many books and it would be fantastic if we can transform them into audiobooks. Audiobooks can be more accessible for people. To make audiobooks is as simple as reading the book while recording yourself. You should, of course, read them word by word as much as possible, so we keep the integrity of the books intact. Once you are done, send us the audio file so we can post it here.
If you think TROM should address a particular subject or you want to criticize/improve this project, the best way to do it is to write a book for TROM. This way you get our full feedback and the full TROM exposure.
The advantages of writing for TROM:
1. You learn how to present a subject.
2. You will learn how to face healthy criticism because we will ask questions about your book and put it under the microscope. The purpose is to make it bulletproof. No worries, everything is super friendly and meant to make your book much better. We will work together on this.
3. You will have your book proofread and designed. The proofreading is basic and you have the last word in any change that is made to the text (your writing style will be preserved). The design will enhance your book and you will also have the last word in regards to it.
4. Your book will be promoted like all TROM books are. We will make memes out of it and post on our social networks, and in the future, we will make videos out of it or an audiobook, or add it to our huge TROM quiz.
6. Your book will be available online as HTML5, plain text, and as PDF.
5. You own your book. After we post it via TROM, you can also post it anywhere you want to in any format you want to. You will have a copy of your book in PDF and plain text format that you can use any way you want to (of course).
Tips for writing:
1. Write about stuff that you consider super important. Please do not send books you already wrote. We want to post original content on TROM and we will check every book to see if it was posted anywhere else before.
2. Let us know please what the subject will be so that we can check to see if we covered it previously. Describe it a bit.
3. Write as if you explain it to a 10 year old - We always try to do that so everyone understands. TROM is not a scientific journal, by contrary, it is "something" that tries to explain complex and important topics in very simple ways (simple language).
4. If you can, use Libre Office Writer to write the book (it is an open source format based on trade-free software).
5. Use sources for your claims. If you claim something then try to make it as scientific as possible and source that claim. Wikipedia, scientific articles, governmental sources, are among the best to base your claims on. Try avoiding shady/controversial websites/sources.
6. Make the subject global: we don't focus on local issues or solutions since our problems are global and they require global solutions. You can start by explaining in detail a local problem/solution then expand it globally.
7. Always try to provide a solution if you present a problem.
8. Do not write for TROM, write for yourself, then send it to us. This way, if for some reasons your book is not approved, you won't feel like you wasted your time writing it. You can always publish what you wrote on your personal website or social network ;).
If you have any question just contact us.
We are curating anything from videos to news or podcasts. You can see our curated list here. It is important that people keep themselves sane and scientific in this very click-baity and pseudoscience society that is highly influenced by trades to become as such. If you know any good source of news (especially sci-tech news sources), or educational youtube channels, or great podcasts and such, then please send us some suggestions. Use our chat or email.
Most of our websites are created in WordPress, but we also use custom CSS and JS for these websites. If you are familiar with any of this, you can become part of our WebDev group on TROMcloud where we may ask for help from time to time. Contact us if you would like to join.
TROMjaro is a trade-free Linux distribution. Not only that it provides a great service for people, but it also educates them about this trade-free idea. There are a few things we could use some help with:
1. Test and report bugs with the Operating System.
2. Test the applications that we recommend here, and make sure they all work to be installed via our web-installer. In other words, if you use TROMjaro, go to that page and one by one click the "install" button for each apps, or as many as you can. If any does not work, please report it on its page.
3. If you are familiar with AUR packaging or in general with Arch Linux, you can join our TROMcloud group and help us with stuff: from adding new features, to fixing some bugs or to create AUR packages. Contact us for that.
4. Submit trade-free applications via our form, here.
5. Help us create custom icons for TROMjaro. Contact us if you can help, and we will give you more details.
We want to create a massive directory of trade-free goods and services but we need your help. And it is so easy to help with this. You do not need anyone's approval or to contact anyone.
1. Submit: First, see the "how to" page, and once you understand what a trade-free good/service is, use the "submit" page to quickly submit a good/service. It is extremely easy and your help can add up by a lot.
2. Review: You can help by reviewing any good/service from the directory. The more reviews we have, the better the rating for each of them.
We don't want to rely entirely on centralized servers (companies) for our content, so we are trying to decentralize it.
01. TROM: We are trying to decentralize all TROM files (over 200GB) but it is super difficult because we need to do it in a dynamic manner (so that our TROM Main folder can get updated very often and the updates can be pushed to everyone). We tried the DAT and the IPFS networks but none works properly. We will continue to try and whenever we find a good option we will post it here. In the meantime you can help decentralize all of our files that are available here, by uploading them to multiple locations. If you keep such locations up to date to reflect all of our changes to the Main TROM folder, then we will add that location to our Save page. Contact us and let us know.
02. VideoNeat: if you want to help decentralize documentaries/lectures or movies that are science based and hand-curated, simply go to VideoNeat.com and use the magnet links - download and seed. It will help a lot! If you want to do that in a more automated manner, contact us please.
You can simply join us in several ways to keep in contact with us, help here and there with whatever you can, express your ideas, and so forth.
01. TROM-Cast: we have a video podcast where anyone can participate and propose future subjects. We use Jitsi Meet for the video-call, and OBS Studio for everything else. At the day of the cast we post a Jitsi Meet link on our TROM Live and anyone can click and participate (it works as an app, or in the browser directly). We encourage anyone to participate. Alternatively you can write us live on our TROM Discussion chatroom.
02. TROM Discussions chatroom: we have a special chatroom where anyone can participate. Most of us from TROM are there, so you can meet us more directly and ask us questions or engage with us.